be/get/become used to 习惯于 be given to 喜欢;癖好
be related to与…有关系 be addicted to 沉溺于;对…上瘾
be opposed to反对 devote oneself to献身于;专心于
be devoted to 致力于;忠诚于reduce…to…使…沦为
be reduced to 沦为 be admitted to 被…录取;准进入
be attached to附属于;喜欢;依恋be adjusted to适应
be known to为…所知 be married to和…结婚
be sentenced to被判处be connected to和…连在一起
be exposed to暴露于;遭受
be compared to 被比喻成 compare… to…把…比作…
be/become/ get accustomed to//accustomed to习惯于;有…习惯
be engaged to 与…订婚 get down to 着手做
lead to 导致 object to反对;不喜欢;不赞成
put one’s mind to全神贯注于 give rise to 引起
look forward to盼望 pay attention to注意
stick to坚持 attend to 专心;注意;照料;
see to负责;注意 contribute to对…作贡献;有助于
make contributions to对…作贡献apply oneself to 致力于
come close to几乎;将近 reply to 回答
add to 增加add up to加起来 in addition to除…之外
turn to转向; 求助于 feel up to 能胜任于
look up to 尊敬 admit to承认
belong to 属于 take to 喜爱;开始
cling to 附着 fall to 开始
respond to 回答;对…作出回应accustom oneself to 使自己习惯于
amount to等于 set an example to 给…树立榜样
refer to 谈到;参考;查阅prefer… to…更喜欢
agree to sth. 同意某事 (比较：agree to do sth.同意做某事)
take/make a trip to到…地方去 join…to…把…和 …连接起来
turn a blind eye to对…视而不见turn a deaf ear to 对…充耳不闻
show honour to向…表示敬意put an end to(bring… to an end) 结束
1) Sometimes we talked to each other very well in class, but after class we become strangers at once
2) I remembered her words and calm down
3) Today, it is much easier to be healthy than it is in the past.
1)Now my picture and the prize is hanging in the library.
2)One evening she told me that something happened when her parents was out
3)Play football not only makes us grow tall and strong…
not only…but also…,either…or…,neither…nor…及and, but, or等并列连词或词组连接的结构可称为平行结构。在平行结构中，词性时态等形式须保持前后一致。
1) Playing football not only makes…but also give us a sense of fair play and team spirit.
2) I would describe myself as shy and quietly
3) However, we seldom felt lonely or helplessly
1) You can find all kinds of information in just a few minute on the Internet
2) You know, that was a dinner we had waited for several month
1) I would learn a lot of new words from these books, but I had terribly problems memorizing them.
2) She said that she and my schoolmate all wished me success.
3) Unfortunate, there are too many people…
1) And every year more and more people start a stamp collection of your own.
2) It is us who are to blame for the poverty because we used to……
3) What is more, you have to be friends with your pupils and take good care of him
1) Books may be keep for four weeks.
2) I have some records giving to me as birthday gifts.
1) I felt so nervous as I shook like a leaf.
2) They make their lives by collecting and selling used things.
3) But it didn’t matter that I would win or not
4) I have neither brothers nor sisters— in any other words, I am an only child.
1) And when I saw your wife and children waiting for me with warm smiles of welcome on their faces, I immediately knew that everything would be all right.
2) Unfortunately, I won’t be able to visit you at the airport although I have classes in the afternoon.